Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tennis Camp

"Titan, perhaps playing three of the last four days is a bit too much for you" questioned Rockin' Rick Ricci at the end of play this glorious Saturday morning at Kinsley Park. "Nah, it's not that, it's 'Big Al' Diodati. He played this morning as if 'EBL' Tully was his partner, and not the new knees nitwit." What do you mean by that" interjected Rich 'el Prezidente' Prezioso, who with 'RRR' at his side took 'Big Al' and the TennisTitan to the woodshed (2-6, 3-6). "Prez, 'Big Al' can play crappy and 'EBL' will still 'pull the iron out of the fire,' he's that dominant. But with me, I stoke the flames with my own poor shot selection and erratic execution. "So then, how do explain your third set victory," 'bombastic blowhard,' queried the 'Italian Stallion.' "That's easy" rejoined the 'boisterous bloviator,' "you foolishly picked Frank 'Slats' Slattery as your partner, leaving me with today's 'Can't Miss Kid," Rockin' Rick. Our (6-1) victory is the highlight of the eight sets I played these past four days" rhapsodized the 'raucous raconteur.' 'Big Al,' turning to his fellow paisan, 'RRR' exclaimed, "Slats' and Titan are youngsters. I am going to send them to an overseas tennis camp that I recently heard about. "Which is?" asked the 'Can't Miss Kid.' "Youth in Asia" dead panned 'Big Al..'

No comments: