Thursday, April 05, 2012

Still a Long Way to Go

"Was that your knees I heard creaking out there or was it just the rust crusted on your racquet" commented Bill 'Energizer Bunny Legs' Tully at the end of play at the Yonkers Tennis Center. 'EBL' had paired with 'Big Al' Diodati in the (4-6) defeat of the TennisTitan and Vladimir 'Russkie' Kartsev. In set two TennisTitan paired with fellow Manhattan alum, the 'Dozin' Docent,' Rich Gerchak and was flogged (0-6). At picture time 'Big Al' Diodati, a Fordham grad, reminded the 'Tullyville Trolley,' an Iona alum, that "Beating those two Jaspers is nothing new for us.  I Rammed those weak returns from the Titan right back at his leaden feet. And watching the 'Dozin' Docent' flail at those balls just out of his reach told me that the only way 'TT'/'DD' could ever beat us is to have a gale at their back and not a Gael in front of them." Snidely the 'pusillanimous prevaricator' replied, "Big Al,' you know I am going to mention in my blog the (4-2 partial) third set when I did have a Gael at my back and you kept asking your partner 'what the hell is a Jasper."

No comments: