Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Pizza Match

"Titan, you put the toppings on when we kneaded their dough in the second and third sets enabling me to get my game together" commented Rich 'el Prezidente' Prezioso smiling broadly at the conclusion of play this afternoon at Kinsley Park. "Hell Prez, we both ought to thank Dave 'Whirling Dervish' McDonald. His play was decisive in all three sets played today. He couldn't miss in the (0-6) rout he and Frank 'Slats' Slattery put on us in the opener. And he couldn't buy a serve or square up on a ball the rest of the afternoon (6-2, 6-2)." "What I don't get TennisTitan, is how your game remains so consistent" queried 'Slats.' "You've got a lot of crust, TT! You never run for the ball, admit a mistake, or give your partner his due" continued the 'coddling counselor.' "One other thing" added 'el Prezidente' as the foursome headed off the court to a nearby pizzeria, "Titan never wants to pay for the post match pie, that's why he takes me as his partner. I'm his legs so he doesn't have to reach for his wallet." "Well done, Prez, just like I want my pie" quipped the  'bloated blowhard."

No comments: