Saturday, April 28, 2012

Brad's Initial Public Offering

"Are you kidding me" was the sarcastic response offered by Brad Philipps making his first appearance for Saturday morning play with the Kinsley Krew. Brad had just succumbed to the TennisTitan and Bob 'Kraut' Kluge, his 'very good German player' friend (4-6). "Don't let him kid you, Brad" interjected  'Big Al' Diodati,' who is seldom a loser to TT, "without der Klugmeister that 'loathsome loudmouth' would have lost to us like he lost the first set (0-6) to 'Dave the Rave' and 'Rockin' Rick Ricci." Hold on 'Italian Stallion' quickly retorted the 'blasphemous braggart.' George 'Chemist' Hauss was my partner in the opener. Need I remind you, that at least for today, George remains a good friend, but a lousy player." To wit, the 'Chemist' replied, "Odious oaf', need I remind you that even with 'Happy Jack' Carey as my partner I won two games (6-2) against the 'taunting titmouse' before 'Kraut's power took over. "And Titan," opined Brad, "don't be nicknaming me the 'Broken Broker,' not with the way you can't hold your serve. Call me, I. P. O. - because already 'I'm pissed off ' at you and your stupid blog."

No comments: