Thursday, April 08, 2010

Taking One For The team

"Oh my aching bones' lamented TennisTitan before, during, and especially after his two sets of doubles today at the Yonkers Tennis Center. Too much tennis with too little recovery time is never enough incentive for the Titan to decline an opportunity to sub when needed as was the case today. Did you say, "Not too smart, dunderhead?" But as always TT squared off opposite Bill 'Energizer Bunny Legs' Tully drawing Vladimir 'Russkie' Kartsev (3-6) in set one and then 'Big Al' Diodati (1-6) for partners. Try as he might the 'bloated behemoth' can only support a better player's effort to victory over the superior talent presented by 'EBL.' That was not to be the case today. "Now I'll throw you a bone" commented 'Big Al' after his abysmal performance against the resurgent 'Russkie' in the second set, "Titan, you play with Bill in the third set. "As the teams met at net the 'braggadocios bullshitter' taunted the 'Tullyville Trolley.' "Billy-Boy, Titan even with 'Big Al,' I had it 2 2 (partial) in games in the third set. I don't need you as a partner. I need you as an opponent to raise my game. Next week, I'll be given you a lesson on the court. After all, I'll have a 'Tutor' at my side, Max Tuchman!"

No comments: