Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cup Runeth Over?

"Titan, do you ever get too much tennis" queried 'Happy Jack' Carey as he headed to his car. 'HJ' and 'Big Al' Diodati cashed in their chips after two sets this cool spring morning at Kinsley. 'Big Al' departed with two 6-4 victories to his credit; the first, a triumph he and Bob 'Kraut' Kluge hung on TennisTitan and a hapless Frank 'Slats' Slattery (4-6); the second, when he helped engineer the 'bombastic blowhard's only victory (6-4) of the morning against that "anonymous duo" - 'Speedy Legs and 'Happy Jack.' The 'bloated blowhard' could have used the 'Italian Stallion' in his third set for sure; a (0-6) bagel administered by a rejuvenated 'Slats' who dominated at net and the splendid back court work by 'Der Klugemeister.' The 'arrogant asshole' not only had pop on his serve, he almost got his mouth popped at net as the foursome gathered their equipment, when TT turned on 'Speedy Legs,' with, "I guess, man, that you think I should be Happy with your play? "You don't know Jack shit, Titan" retorted Carl, "I let you and 'Big Al' win a set, didn't I?" "Yeah, you did Carl, but if you weren't so pussy whipped I could have blogged that 4-2 (partial) 'Slats' and I had going in the fourth set against the 'Teutonic Two.' Now the 'Kraut' goes home undefeated and you're only a two time loser." "I've got to live with the fact that I played six and one-half sets in 20 hours with only one win to show for it."

No comments: