Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Broadway Memories

"Consider it your good bye gift" cackled the 'Wacky Wichitan' aka George 'Genealogist' Pratt as he met the TennisTitan at net at the conclusion of their two setter at the Lake Tarpon Tennis and Sail Club. George, who had given the 'bloated blowhard' a real scare in their last meeting in early February, was clearly not on his game this afternoon."I've got a lot on my mind these days 'arrogant asshole" chirped the 'beleaguered bumbler' after he dropped sets of (6-3, 6-2) to the Titan in cool, windy conditions. "I've got to fit you and your tennis into my agenda between doctor's appointments. And to me, that's like going to the dentist! Between an opthamologist and an gastroenterologist, I can't see straight with my cataracts or fart on cue with my benign mass, no less hit the ball cleanly in 25 mph gusts and listen to an endless windbag on the other side of the net." George had graciously invited the 'pedantic pedagogue' for a delicious home cooked dinner a few days earlier but had no civility after suffering yet another double defeat. "George, perhaps that 'Steak n Shake' chili you had with me earlier today will clear up one of your medical issues" quipped the 'overbearing opportunist,' but there's nothing either of us can do about 'Mariah." "Go 'Paint Your Wagon' in Austin Texas" retorted 'genial George' as he broke into song.

No comments: