Thursday, April 17, 2014

The new Old Testament

"Titan, I felt I was wandering in a desert for 40 years prior to our (6-1) victory in the final set" exclaimed Max 'Tutor' Tuchman at the conclusion of play at the Yonkers Tennis Center. "Max, today was a day like no other for the TennisTitan. I had an unleavened serve, dead legs and an ineffective forehand against Stuart 'not Espn' Scott and Vladimir 'Russkie' Kartsev. We were so badly outplayed (3-6, 2-6) in the first two sets that I felt I was at my own Bris."  Max replied, "TennisTitan, this was no seder, even if you had matzah during a change over. I am no mohel but I do note your last name bears a certain irony to our painful afternoon together. We were slaves to the precise serves of 'Russkie' and the dominance at net of 'not Espn' as surely as my ancestors were slaves to the Pharaoh" continued the 'maven of mayhem.' It should not be forgotten by the readers of your blog that our Exodus this afternoon, even after so pitiful a performance on our part, is on a winning note.

No comments: