Thursday, April 03, 2014

The Heart of the Matter

"It's all about heart" is what I said responded Frank 'Slats' Slattery. "Frankie, three sets is tough on the Titan" interjected Stuart 'not ESPN' Scott at picture time. "No Stu, what was tough on the Titan was that back breaking call you made in the ninth game of the third set that cost me a chance at a sweep (7-6 [4], 6-1, 4-6). Your partner, 'King Gene' swallowed the whistle as usual and made no call knowing that you were contorted into a knot trying to hit a shot over your left shoulder that clearly caught the line. "Titan, I crushed my cousin Frank for you in the second set. Show me some respect. Don't be a bitter old man. You should be used to losing by now" continued my Liege. "But I was going to 'shoot the moon' with that third set win lamented the 'lame libertine.' 'Not ESPN' jumped in quickly, "now don't be calling me the Queen of Spades" interjected Stuart. I am a proud heterosexual after all. "So who is the best HEARTS PLAYER in the Slattery clan" queried Vladimir 'Russkie' Kartsev. "I think it is my uncle Bill" opined the 'coddling counselor.' "Let's give it to Billy Slattery" added Gene. He is the true "King" in the family. He reads this inane blog, at least.

No comments: