Thursday, September 26, 2013

Need a Late Pass?

'Big Al' you must have not noticed. Bill 'EBL' Tully was not your partner today' opined Max 'Tutor' Tuchman. The 'Italian Stallion' and the 'Tutor' managed to run out the clock and stave off 'Big Al's third consecutive defeat this afternoon at the Yonkers Tennis Center (5-3 partial) versus TennisTitan and 'Rockin' Rick Ricci. "I must have been a more than suitable replacement for 'EBL' continued the Tutor.' "I managed to lead Titan back from a 1-3 deficit in the second set so that the 'bloated blowhard' can crow about a (6-3) victory in his self-serving blog over you and the 'Rock.' "That (3-6) setback you sustained in the opener with Titan as your partner was entirely TT's fault" continued 'munificent Max'. "How so, 'esteemed educator' queried 'Big Al.'  "Had not the 'noxious nitwit' tired himself out warming up "RRR' and myself as we waited for our fourth, perhaps you would have had a victory in the first set" ventured the 'mawkish maven.' "But I was the fourth" responded 'Big Al.' " I know. That's why you would've deservedly lost all three sets, save for my dillydallying in the final set" replied a 'testy Tutor.'

No comments: