Thursday, September 12, 2013

Here's My Gift...

"I can get used to this" TennisTitan remarked to no one in particular at picture time. The 'slothful slob' had just completed the daily double at the Yonkers Tennis Center with (6-4, 6-3) triumphs both against and with the Tulllyville Trolley. "Bill, I needed to beat you today because tomorrow you'll be celebrating your birthday and I prefer my notable victories to come against younger men." "So why did I lose to you twice this afternoon" groused 'Big Al' Diodati. "Al, you're the senior member of our little group.We all aspire to have a solid game like yours at any age, but it was apparent today that you had to save your breath to blow out four score and four more candles on your cake this coming Monday."  "And what about me," inquired Frank 'Slats' Slattery. "Sad to say, Frankie, but beating you is no longer a notable victory. Tuesday's results ended that!" The 'coddling counselor' replied, "easy for you to say Titan, but my winning with you as my partner, especially against 'Energizer Bunny Legs' is always a notable victory for me in my book."



No comments: