Thursday, September 13, 2012

Gift Wrapped

"How in hell can I expect to win under these circumstances" lamented the 'lumbering loud mouth' at the conclusion of his first day of play this new season at the Yonkers Tennis Center. It was the usual beat down for the TennisTitan going up against birthday boy, Bill 'Energizer Bunny Legs' Tully and partners Vladimir 'Russkie' Kartsev (1-6) and 'Big Al' Diodati (3-6). "With both the 'Russian Bear' and the 'Italian Stallion' sharing tomorrow, Sept. 14th as their birthdays, I felt you guys were throwing a party at my expense," whined the 'whipped wimp.' "Titan, are you suggesting that if Bill had you as a partner that maybe neither Vlad nor I would have had any reason to celebrate" questioned the 'indominable Italian.' "Hell, no" retorted the always 'jubilant jackass.' "When I play against you 'Big Al,' it always reminds me of my birthday as a kid. We used to play 'pin the tail on the donkey and blind man's bluff' before the cake. You know, when you have to guess, because you can't see...oh, those line calls you make at 83 - you still won't wear glasses on the court."

No comments: