Sunday, October 17, 2010

Torts (as in Torture)

"Titan, I was afraid you'd use that nickname. That's why I had to crush you (0-6) in the second set. You're from NY and can appreciate a good bagel," replied Will 'Bumbling' Brumby. Dropping the opener to you (6-4) was somewhat of a surprise, me being so much younger (27) than you. I guess experience counts more in this sport than I realized" continued the neophyte attorney from Conyers Georgia currently making his home in St. Petersburg. "I think I made more errors late in that first set than I made on the Florida bar that I just past" exclaimed the Indiana U. graduate. "Bumbler, your quickness around the court is your greatest asset against the 'prevaricating procrastinator, let's hope you have it of mind in the court room. You'll be at the hospital before the ambulance, no doubt." "Titan, I don't need lectures from you between the white lines. I've had enough from real 'professorial pedagogues' in my time. And by the way, if anyone asks, "Hoosier tutor in all things tennis? The answer is: Will Brumby, Esquire!"

No comments: