Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lucky Losers

"Well, amigo, about that ass kicking. I must have missed it somehow. Your taking the second set from me (3-6) was my way of thanking you for your surprise visit to Tarpon Springs" chortled the 'pedantic prevaricator.' "You lucky bastard" replied Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz. "Not only do you have beautiful set up with 2 lit, under utilized courts on a lake side setting, you must have a horse shoe up your ass coming back from break down and winning the opener (7-6 [1]). You smoked me in the breaker." Indeed, this mornings matches at the Lake Tarpon Tennis and Sail Club were the classic donnybrooks, reminiscent of the quality once regularly offered by these opponents in the 90's. 'GK,' coming back from breakdown early in the set could not close out the Titan when the Puerto Rican Plantain was serving at 5-6. "Joey, baby, when you've got an opportunity to close out the 'noxious knucklehead'' you better not blow it. And you did. I made you pay big time." "After our poor showing yesterday against St. Pete's Pistol" waxed Joe philosophically "we both should feel better about our game." "BULLSHIT!" bellowed the 'bellicose bellyacher.' "I feel good because you 'couldn't kick my ass.' You should feel good because I 'didn't kick your ass." "Tommy, translate that for me," asked the 'PRP.' "Joe, we're both suck" laughed the Titan.

No comments: