Thursday, July 01, 2010

Canadian Sunset

"So, Bill, do you think the Titan has learned a lesson from this morning's results" cackled the 'Tutor.' "We'll find out soon enough when we read the blog" EBL retorted. TennisTitan had recruited Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz to pair with him against Max 'Tutor' Tuchman and Bill 'Energizer Bunny Legs' Tully at Schultz Field in Yonkers in a reuniting of indoor season players. "Max, during indoor season you're always stuck with me in a losing effort against 'EBL', explained TT "so today I made it your Independence Day." "Peel those plantains! - wait a minute - I am always TT's partner against 'EBL' too" interjected 'Gimpy Knees' at first opportunity. "Joe, after you guys got up on us by taking the first five games of the opening set I thought the 'Tutor' was going to request either of you two as his partner in the second set, I couldn't believe how well you started off" 'EBL' chimed in. "How could I, Bill, after they lost the next seven games (5-7) and then rolled over (3-6); I almost felt sorry for them. I wanted to call my doctor friend to come to Schultz and keep an eye on these two." "Why, Max" asked 'Gimpy Knees.' "Joe, his name is Henry Heimlich." EBL saw where this was going and quickly said, "Yeah, Joe was exhausting himself playing long points almost exclusively against me, tiring himself out in the process, and I just played defense against him awaiting the inevitable over hit or dump into the net." "That's a good synopsis 'EBL' but the truth is Henry's got a Maneuver that's more of a punch in the gut than this double defeat to you two is" quipped the Titan. "Lumbering loud mouth, aren't you ever short of breath?" inquired an exasperated Joe Cruz. "What's it to you, 'Gimpy' - you know C.P.R.... choking Puerto Rican!" "Max, I don't think the Titan learned that lesson you referred to, he's still a Taunting Terror" commented a beaming Tully.

No comments: