Saturday, July 17, 2010

Remedial Education

"Titan, what's the deal with the kid" moaned George 'Chemist' Hauss 'it's just not fair" at the conclusion of the final set played at Kinsley this sultry summer morning. "He's my legs, I'm his brain - between the two of us we're going to be one half-ass doubles team once he gets some seasoning" retorted the 'bloated behemoth.' The 'lumbering loud mouth' capitalized on the better conditioned 20 year olds mobility to salt away a (7-5) victory over the 'Chemist' and his partner, 'Senor Profesor Pequeno,' George Febles. "Titan, he's less than one-third our age; we've been playing for 3 hours in 90 degree temperature and 90 degree humidity," critiqued the 'teacher.' "PP, I took the 'Fordham Flash' to school after his woeful performance with me in our opening set loss to (2-6) Ben 'Fine Wine' Wein and 'Big Al' Diodati. I mean I was ready to christen this corn husking Italiano with an Irish nickname, - 'Hughie,' as in unforced errors." "I gave him 30 minutes of remedial education during my (6-1) drubbing in our set of singles as we waited our opportunity to end the morning on a more pleasant note." James 'Fordham Flash' Passerelli then aced his instructor with, "Pedantic prevaricator, are you taking credit for my improved play? I don't think it was as much your preaching 'serve at 75% power, don't over swing, it's all about placement' as it was my realization that if your tennis friends of 20 years can tune you out on the court and not listen to the 'Yonkers Yakker,' so can I after only 2o days!"

No comments: