Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Desserts

'Titan, why don't you have cheese cake every time we play. Matter of fact, I'll buy it for you, if I can get the same results" cackled George 'Genealogist' Pratt as the opponents met at net. The 'Genealogist' had given the Titan a severe whipping (3-6, 1-6) in the late afternoon heat at the Tarpon Tennis and Sail Club. From the first ball to the last winner that the 'immobile minotaur' again had no play on, the 'Senior Sooner' dominated play. "Scion of the Sunflower State', you must have read 'Prez' play book because you executed a similar defensive strategy that exposes my deficiencies. You and 'El Prezidente' are two guys I can no longer count on beating in singles due to your improved fitness." "What do you mean, 'bombastic blowhard.' All anyone has to do is get the ball back over the net and watch you 'whale waddle' to the ball." "Kooky Kansan, my biggest mistake was having a heavy meal at the Lucky Dill and chowing down on all the extras they give you - including the lead belly matzoh ball soup and raspberry cheese cake" opined the 'wimpish whiner.' "I beg to differ" wise cracked the 'wily Wichitan.' "I knew moving our game up from the evening to the late afternoon was all the help I would need. I work out each afternoon at my health club at that time while you take a 'sissy's siesta."

No comments: