Saturday, July 10, 2010

Homonyms

A baker's dozen was in attendance at Kinsley this morning for some spirited doubles play. TennisTitan failed to distinguish himself (news flash!) in the three sets he participated in. Titan paired with George 'Chemist' Hauss in his first and third sets. This tandem met their match in a (5-7) loss to Bob 'Kraut' Kluge/Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz pairing and (3-6) to Frank 'Slats' Slattery/Mike 'not so stellar' Stella. As the weary warriors exited the ball yard the 'bombastic blowhard' was quick to point out that the 'Chemist' blew up the lab this day, having suffered his third defeat with 'not so stellar' at his side when TT/'Slats' scored a (6-2) victory in the middle set. The 'coddling counselor' was quick to remind the 'irksome idiot' that victory has its price. "Titan, you won because of the weather." "What do you mean" inquired 'not so stellar.' It was hot and humid for all of us out there." "Mike, don't you get it? Titan only won because I decided WHETHER I'd be better off listening to my wife giving me orders around the house or being TT's partner and doing all the leg work on the court. Now my legs hurt and my ears will ache even more when I get home."

No comments: