Saturday, August 17, 2013

On Court Fireworks

"Ethics? Titan, who are you to speak about a subject you can barely spell, no less practice. Remember, I worked with you at Lincoln H.S." cautioned an enraged Bob 'Kraut' Kluge. "I am still pissed off with you from Thursday and now you hassle me because I want to play singles, you jerk off! Der Klugemeister was angered when TT broke his balls because 'Kraut' attempted to leave his doubles match at 4-4 to engage 'Big Daddy' Dave Lipscomb in singles. "It's bad enough that you and Rich 'dozin' docent' Gerchak beat Mike ' not so stellar' Stella (6-4) and myself in a set I played like crap in, but now you want me to attend the Kinsley Kangaroo Court because you say I violated some unwritten code of conduct." "Bobby, it's not right that you'd leave three guys to play Canadian simply because you didn't want to tire yourself out in a meaningless doubles game or go 'into the tank' to finish a set quickly as it appears you did. Your potential singles set is meaningless to us too." "Cool down" warned 'not so stellar.' "George 'Chemist' Hauss" will take the 'testy Teuton's place for the second set (6-2) against the 'jovial Jaspers and I'll have a partner who'll give his all throughout the entire set. "Don't be so sure of that," reminded a visibly tired 'Chemist." "And Titan, before I start my singles match" yelled 'Kraut' from the far court, "set up a doubles match for me mid-week against you and 'Slats.'

No comments: