Thursday, August 15, 2013

Counseling Session

"Spin-Master" you've got a lot to learn" continued Bob 'Kraut' Kluge. "Playing well and beating Titan doesn't get you props in the blog. Any of us can do that. It's playing spectacularly well and winning with the Titan that gets you recognition." "But he told me to implement Plan B -not be his partner- and I did, that's why I paired with Frank 'Slats' Slattery in our scintillating (6-7 [4]) first set victory. "Jose, that first set went one hour and ten minutes. Titan played his ass off, winning all three of his services and I screwed up royally. TT carried me. Now I've got to read his bloviating bullshit. I need my own Plan B" intoned the 'testy Teuton.' "Bobby, you and Jose 'Spin-Master' Guzman would have never heard the end of it had you two not nosed ahead of TennisTitan/'Slats' (4-5 partial) in the set we couldn't complete" commented the 'coddling counselor.' "I don't get it, Frankie. How do you do it? You know, you always seem to wanna be his partner" asked Jose. "It's simple. Titan is my Plan B. He's my marriage therapist. I know that however poorly I may be playing, he's always happy that I am chasing balls he should be getting. When I put my head on the pillow tonight all I hear as I fall asleep is 'you,' 'you,' 'you.'  It's just like my Patsy does when I awaken in the morning."

No comments: