Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Some Crust

"Titan, I said that I'd buy lunch if we won two sets. Sorry 'ludicrous loud mouth', but you dropped the ball in the second set. So bring your wallet to the pizza joint" quipped Frank 'Slats' Slattery at Andrus park in Yonkers. "We had 'em 5-4 in that second set Frankie when you left the door open" retorted TennisTitan, not wishing to take any responsibility for a 15 minute glitch in an otherwise dominant performance "I carried you in that first (6-2) set 'Slats' need I remind youWho would've thought that 'Rockin' Rick Ricci would get his act together and be the difference maker." "Titan, you can't continue to be lucky against me. Bob 'Kraut' Kluge and my come from behind victory (5-7) over 'Slats'/'TT' will be more satisfying than a pepperoni pizza" quipped 'RRR.' "But 'Slats,' pleaded Titan, I had us up (4-1 partial) in the third set when 'Kraut' had to call it quits and go back to work." "I know, 'nettlesome knucklehead,' that's why I'm buying Bobby a wiener schnitzel on Saturday."

No comments: