Monday, May 24, 2010

When I'm 64

"You'd even blog this?" queried Lou 'Pistol' Gerencser as he sat next to the TennisTitan at the "We've Got Nothing Better To Do" end of indoor, beginning of outdoor Tennis Season Annual Dinner held at Dom and Vinnie's in downtown Yonkers. "The food is great, and the entertainment has been fabulous" opined 'Big Al' Diodati. "But I missed my plantans" commented Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz. "I missed by second dose of Prozac" interjected Chris Tyrone "and I'm still feeling good." Stuart 'not Espn' Scott remarked, "I missed breakfast this morning, so I will consider this meal to be my Seattle lunch." "Do you think the other diners minded our off key singing" Bill 'Energizer Bunny Legs' asked our waiter. Before an answer could be given Frank 'Slats' Slattery quipped, "If they're anything like me and Patsy, they're secretly relieved that they have an excuse not to listen to one another. I mean at home is enough already." Max 'Tutor' Tuchman then related, "Jewish wives take advantage of situations like this. My Sandy only pretends she is saying something audible, but she is actually only mouthing the words. Then I hear 'you never listen to me' for weeks." George 'Teacher' Febles chortled, "Ain't that what we all do to the Titan in a way. We tell the 'Egotistical Egomaniac' that we enjoy his stupid blog, but we spam it the second it hits the mailbox." Carl the 'anonymous Gas Man' said, "Give the guy a break. He's got nothing better to do with his time. Me, I've got to look for a job to keep Donna off my back." With that 'Rockin' Rick' Ricci picked up his trumpet and instructed, "Carl, pick up that squeeze box, and back me up. I'm going to play a mean horn, as we sing Happy Birthday to the 'bloated blowhard."

No comments: