Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend Warriors

"Frankie, it was 'Big Al' who carried you. I was saddled with 'Buckshot' Prezioso and 'Happy Jack' Carey for the first two sets" bellowed the 'bellicose blowhard.' 'Slats' was attempting to minimize his defeat in the fourth set (7-6 [5]) of this morning's action when he and Lou 'Pistol' Gerencser fell before TennisTitan and George 'Chemist' Hauss. Indeed, after the 'mendacious masochist' rid himself of the 'bumbling boneheads' as his partners, Titan's game flourished. "Happy Jack's inability (2-6) sticks out like a sore thumb and 'Prez' is more concerned about cutting down trees on his property than cutting down his errors (3-6) on my tennis court. How can anyone win with that ineptitude!" "And what of our (6-2) thrashing of the 'Pistol' and the 'Chemist' quiered 'Slats.' Didn't I help turn around your fortunes, Titan? "Let's face it, Frankie, you need me far more than need than I need you on these tennis courts." "Why so?" asked 'Chemist. "I know" intruded the 'Kraut' "The 'coddling counselor' can't get a word in edge wise at home because Patsy rules that roost! Here, Titan , you provide him 'his therapy.' You roast his ass and he gets a rare opportunity to answer back. I wish I knew you 20 years ago. You could have saved my marriage too."

No comments: