Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Midas Touch

"I figured I better get my wins today because tomorrow will be another story" commented the 'bloated behemoth' to the tennis pro on the adjacent court. TennisTitan had accepted a last minute invitation to substitute as the 4th in the 'odd trio' group at the Yonkers Tennis Center. The 'immobile minotaur' rotated through the 'tempestuous triad' giving each member his only taste of triumph. In the first and most challenging set TT paired with Stuart 'not Espn' Scott in a (6-4) defeat of Chris 'Prosac Kid' and Bill 'Electro Lux' Ching. Next Titan took 'Golden Shoes' under his wing and cruised to a (6-2) thumping of 'Electro Lux'/'not Espn.' The 'bombastic bloviator' dominated play by pounding the backhand corner and whistling forehands into the deuce court against all opponents. In the afternoon's finale the 'pedantic prevaricator' returned the smile to 'SuperBillyBoy' Ching's face with their (6-2) thrashing of 'Prosac Kid'/'not Espn.' As the crew convened at net Titan remarked, "Boys, tomorrow I get my ass kicked. So today I decided to take the Tullyville Trolley to the YTC and stay out of the rain."

No comments: