Friday, May 29, 2009

Ancient History, Current Results

"Dad, I was a classics major at Georgetown, trust me, this was your Thermopylae, so corrected Russell 'Hoya Saxa' Briscoe upon completion of his two set sweep of the TennisTitan at the Yonkers Tennis Center this afternoon. 'Hoya Saxa' blew into town for the weekend to celebrate his ol' man's 63rd birthday. "Pop, I guess I also came north to celebrate a (3-6, 4-6) Texas ass kicking of the 'paternal prevaricator.' "Russ, give me credit for hanging in there and making you play your best in the final games of both sets to close me out." "No can do 'grumpy geriatric' this was no marathon run on my part." "Can't I claim it a Pyrrhic victory at least. I know I lost but I put up a good fight" pleaded the 'pompous pontificator.' 'Hoya Saxa' completed his domination of the 'aging agnostic' this date firing this ace at picture time: "Don't shoot the messenger - I am Xerxes, King of Persia, you are Jerksys, Titan of the Tennis Kingdom in Yonkers, and the Son has set on your empire. Happy Birthday."

No comments: