Saturday, May 30, 2009

An Ill Wind Blows in Briarcliff

"Titan, isn't it clear to you yet? You don't win without a Slattery at your side" averred Gene 'King' Slattery at the conclusion of TT/'King's (6-4) victory over George 'Chemist' Hauss and Frank 'Slats' Slattery at Kinsley Park. The 'flamboyant fathead' was justifiably rejoicing in the triumph that more than offset an earlier (4-6) loss to 'Slats'/'Dave 'the Mellow One' when the 'egotistical egomaniac' had paired with Carl 'Speedy Legs' Gessman. 'King' was a little testy during the match having already dropped a set to 'Chemist'/Bob 'Kraut' Kluge (1-6). "Titan, carrying you to victory is always a chore. When I was routed with Rich 'Prezidente' Prezioso as my partner it was no big deal. Cousin Frankie could take no credit." But when the family pride is on the line, I take no prisoners! Play better or you will be my serf forever!! "My Liege, your wish is my command" retorted the 'boisterous blowhard.' A retreating 'Prezidente' chortled as he entered his car, "pompous panderer,' even I shall gallantly expose the glaring weaknesses in your game. Soon I will dine on your nickel at Squires.

No comments: