Friday, November 23, 2012

Smoked Turkey

"This is no way to send me home, but at least I am not going home empty handed" pleaded the TennisTitan at the conclusion of play this afternoon at Brookdale Community College in Middletown, NJ.  TT had just been 'smoked' by his 'naughty nephew,' Rob 'Jersey Bomber' Briscoe in their second set (0-6). "Serving you a bagel seemed most appropriate 'unctuous uncle' after you overindulged yourself at the Thanksgiving Day table. Might as well feed you today too. Your reach with your back hand should only be as good as it is across the table for a third helping of all the fixings' continued the 'vociferous victor.'  "Consider yourself the beneficiary of a take home doggy bag, what with your surprising (6-3) triumph over me in the opening set. I don't know how I lost six of the last seven games to a 'bloated blowhard' who is a charter member of over eaters anonymous." "By the way Rob, I can't wait to get back to those early birds in Florida next week. Turkey will not be on the menu."

No comments: