Monday, May 02, 2011

Ralph Kramden, he ain't!

"Come on, Titan. You know you're the original tennis whore of Yonkers. Don't get cute with me. Meet me at noon at Wilson." The 'Kraut' wasn't buying the 'whining wimp's pleas that he was still too achy from Saturday to play singles against the Bob Kluge. "We don't even have to play a set, cranky crybaby" continued the Klugemeister. "I just want an opportunity to work on my serve and try and develop a drop shot. I want you to be my Joe Palooka punching bag for an hour or so." The (3-6, 2-6) thrashing that ensued left the Titan smiling as he bid the 'Teutonic taunter' ta-ta. "It took you an hour and one-half to finish me off. Furthermore, you had to resort to your weenie shots to take control of both sets. But at least I got you to come to net to add some surprise to your game and gave you some 8 and 10 ball rallies that tested your court coverage before I wilted," lamented the 'lame lachrymose libertine.' "Titan, enough of your excuses. I got to get back to the depot pronto. People depend on me to shuttle them from the train station to the long term lot." "Kraut,' why do I think you threw me under the bus during your lunch hour" quipped TT.

No comments: