Saturday, September 18, 2010

The 'One' and Only...

"Thank God. I thought I was going to lose another set at 'one' exclaimed Mike 'not so stellar' Stella at the conclusion of play at Kinsley this morning. 'Not so stellar' had been rotated and routed through three other partners before salvaging a (3-6) victory as Bob 'Kraut' Kluge's team mate against TennisTitan and George 'Chemist' Hauss. Try as they might TT, 'Chemist' and Carl the 'anonymous Gas Man' could not win more than one game when 'NSS' paired with each of them. The 'bloated behemoth' saw the handwriting on the wall early on in his first set (1-6) and pulled the plug on any thoughts of continuing to play with the 'misfiring misfit.' The 'lumbering loud mouth' proved to have made a wise decision as he benefitted from the constant stream of errors coming off the racquet of 'a star man in complete eclipse.' The 'garrulous gargantuan' cruised to easy (6-1, 6-1) triumphs when pairing with both the 'Chemist' and the 'anonymous Gas Man' when 'NSS' was spraying his backhand and bricking his volleys from the other side of the net. As the crew met at net 'Der Klugemeister' observed, "Mike, earlier I was bullied around the singles court by Dave 'Big Daddy' Lipscomb and I knew it wouldn't take too much effort on my part to shut Titan up and give me a renewed feeling of accomplishment." "Accomplishment?!?" laughed the 'Chemist.' "I think not. The 'lethargic lout' was no where to be found in his fourth set. I think I played it by myself. And he never shut up!"

No comments: