Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Billable Hour

"You're damn lucky I'm not trying to double bill you" screeched the TennisTitan at Frank 'Slats' Slattery at the conclusion of play at Kinsley Park this morning. 'Slats' felt he was gyped out of more action against the Titan and partner Bob 'Kraut' Kluge. The 'coddling counselor' was miffed that it was 'one and done' for him and the George 'Chemist' Hauss against TT. "Psuedo Psychologist,' you know I come here every Saturday morning (that Patsy lets me out of the house) for your therapy. Listening to your bluster and self-proclaimed talent gets my blood boiling and I have a catharsis right here on the court." 'Kraut' retorted, "You and the 'Chemist' had your fun in the (6-3) victory you somehow managed against Carl the 'anonymous Gas Man' and moi, but the party was over once the 'Big Red Machine' stepped on the concrete to replace Carl. Titan brought us back from 2-4 down and his racquet did all the talking in our (7-5) triumph." "But Bob," started the 'henpecked hacker' from Dobbs Ferry, "it was only one set." 'Chemist' jumped into the heated fray. "Frankie, the Titan toyed with us for the first six games. It actually took them 65 minutes to hang that defeat on us in 12 games." "So?" the 'incredulous incompetent' replied. "Even I know" interjected a soured 'Kraut.' A therapist gives his patient a 50 minute session and bills them for a full hour. Titan gave you an extra 15 minutes!" "I get it now. It's something like when I show up for work at the high school at 7:30. Finish what I have to do by 10 and get paid until 2:30." "See Frankie, you've got a racket too" laughed the 'garrulous gargantuan' as he took out his camera.

No comments: