Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Third Internship

"So now, Flash, do you know 'what the hell a Jasper is'?" blistered the TennisTitan across the net as he fired his final ace (6th) at his shell-shocked opponent to end the match. Indeed the Manhattan College graduate '68 had taken the Fordham U. student, class of '12 to his own personal slaughter house under the Rose Hill campus lights. As the adversaries met at net the 'crotchety curmudgeon' continued the 75 minute assault on James 'Fordham Flash' Passarelli. The (6-2, 6-2) destruction on the court of the 'nattering neophyte' was not enough. "During my 8 years on the campus in the '60's at the Prep and College you guys dominated us in sports; tonight you got your butt Rammed" zinged the 'arrogant asshole' to the 'perplexed prodigy' from Omaha, Nebraska. "Titan, ease up, I don't need to be explaining a heart attack to these Jamaican security guards who think Bob Marley is jamming with Elvis Presley. Those bastards made me pay for the court time lesson you just gave me." "Buddy, your summer internships at WFUV and that record label downtown ain't nearly worth what you learned out here tonight." "How's that?" inquired the 'chastened cowboy' town youngster incredulously. "You've been schooled by the 'Master Baiter' in singles play; wait'll I make you my partner in doubles and blame you for all my mistakes. Now for your homework, go find out who the real 'Fordham Flash' was. And don't be telling me it was Pete Fornatale. And I'm throwing you a bone better than those in the Omaha Steaks... by promoting your website: http://inflatableferret.com/ "

No comments: