Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sommeliering

"Titan, it seems my partner is a real tennis player and is still a genuine school psychologist too - unlike yourself on both accounts" quipped 'El Pequeno Profesor' at the conclusion of play this sultry morning at Kinsley Park. George 'Teacher' Febles had every right to zing the 'bombastic bumbler' because his play during his final two set against the tandem of TennisTitan and Bob 'Kraut' Kluge was exemplary. 'El Pequeno Profesor' was the perfect complement to newbie Ben 'Fine Wine' Wein who made his first appearance at Kinsley at Titan's invitation. "If I knew you were that good, I would have insisted you be my partner" lamented the 'lethargic libertine' at picture time. "That's just like you" interjected the 'apoplectic Aryan' "I carry your 'listless lard ass' to a (7-5) victory in the opener and you do a Joe Stalin on me, stabbing me in the back, in our (4-6) loss." "But, 'Kraut', not only did 'Teacher' get the best of me all too often, 'El PP,' out rallied you with his defensive prowess most of the morning." The 'testy Teuton' retorted, "This 'Fine Wine' is not even aged yet; he's only 38 years old. How the hell can I contend with his ability, Titan, and your disability at the same time!?" 'Generous George' commented, "Bobby, maybe next week you play with me, then all your problems will be solved." "Hey, Titan, we beat 'em (6-4) in their first set" reminded Frank 'Slats' Slattery/George 'Chemist' Hauss in unison. Ben said, "That's pretty cool the Titan makes an anagram out of my last name, but I'd had preferred he 'just drop the 'e'; then I'd be "Ben WIN, it rhymes too" - see ya 'geriatric jokers!"

No comments: