Thursday, January 21, 2010

More of the Same

"We don't treat our husbands any better than we do you" chorused the trio of 'giddy gals' who mistreated the TennisTitan again this morning at Riverside Park in Tarpon Springs. "Next time we'll let you play with the fellas and you won't feel so impotent" consoled Suki the 'Korean Komet' who again outclassed (5-7) the 'boisterous blowhard' when he paired with Pam 'Here's Another Slam' Baldyga. "Titan, at least I won two games with you today cackled Dori 'Rhode Island Red' (2-6) but it's sure easier being Suki's partner than yours!" "But Titan I am your salvation am I not" opined Sukie. I let you put the cream cheese on the bagel (6-0) we authored against these 'heckling hens' by having you serve it out." After the obligatory picture was taken the 'tortured tortoise' smiled meekly and hobbled to the sidelines as Chris took his spot next to 'Rhode Island Red.' Sitting next to Danny, who would soon come on for the departing Sukie, the 'bombastic braggart' mumbled "I can't wait to play in a men's game next week. There I can lose and maintain a modicum of pride."

No comments: