Thursday, April 02, 2009

Now Play Nice Boys

TennisTitan joined Georege 'Chemist' Hauss for a late afternoon game of doubles against Carl 'Speedy Legs' Gessman and Bob 'Kraut' Kluge. In a well played set 'Speedy Legs'/'Kraut' prevailed (4-6). With the set knotted at 4 apiece the 'Chemist' imploded at net. Der Klugemiester/'SL' capitalized on the vulnerable unprotected middle of the court time after time late in the match to secure their hard earned victory. Titan rallied impressively on several key points against the Luftwaffe but was undone by balls overplayed at net. As the teams met post match 'Speedy Legs' opined, "Titan, I guess you should have played with me, we had great success together last Saturday." 'Kraut' commented, "No, Carl, Titan should play with me - he's a hot dog on the court, ain't he? 'Chemist' erupted, "Why do I get stuck with him. I just took a Defensive Driving course. And he takes two points off every game!"

No comments: