Saturday, May 10, 2008

Trifecta

"Titan, I'd like to give you some credit for my (6-1) thrashing of the 'Kraut' in the opening set, but then how do I explain my (6-7) [2] defeat in the second" opined Gene 'King' Slattery at day's conclusion. Indeed, TennisTitan had engaged Bob 'Kraut' Kluge in the first singles played this morning at Kinsley and acquitted himself well in a (5-7) loss. But at best it was a Pyrrhic victory with TT wearing down late in the set and dropping the final three games. The 'bloated behemoth' then jumped to the doubles court to challenge George 'Chemist' Hauss and 'Big Al' Dio Dati drawing 'Happy Jack' Carey as his partner in his (2-6) defeat. A tired and erratic 'Chemist' could do little right in the 'boisterous blowhard's final set of the morning allowing the tandem of 'Happy Jack' and Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz to prevail (5-7). As the boy's met at net to recap the action, 'HJ' commented, "Obnoxious One, no offense, but 'Chemist' and 'Big Al' swamped 'GK' and I in the opening doubles (6-2) of the day. I'd have to go back to drinkin' and druggin' if he'd won another set me from me this morning." To wit 'GK' said "that's why we're partners."

No comments: