Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Chutzpah

"Titan, I feel like I am making the big time, you know, with you featuring me on your blog" commented 'Jasper' George Maniscalco upon completion of play at the YTC this morning. "Don't be so happy about it George. Not, at least until you have read it," chimed in 'Lean, Lanky, Lefty' Ed Gordon. "Yeah, said 'Shillelagh Man,' Don Carmody, "I sometimes have wanted to hit him with my walking stick!" Such was the reception the 'bloated behemoth' received at net upon his dismantlement (6-4, 6-1, 5-2, 40-30) of his 3 compatriots today. The 'boisterous blowhard' rotated himself through the group, making sure that no one was spared the incessant chatter and insipidly inane commentary offered by the 'egomaniacal egotist.' "It ain't bragging if you can back it up" chortled the 'blogging bullshitter' as he snapped away on his digital camera. 'LLL' quipped, "No three losses for me today. Hey, I won 6-4 with the Titan when he was still rusty. I carried him." "Our 6-1 blowout was no contest. I dominated from the back court and at net" observed the 'Shillelagh Man.' 'Jasper George' quickly getting the hang of it retorted, "Titan, quit with the high arching lobs. It slowed the last set down. I was but one point away from getting my first official victory with you and you screwed it up!"

No comments: