Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My oh Myopia!

"Titan is this anyway to say goodbye" queried 'Rockin' Rick Ricci who was rocked by the TennisTitan at the YTC this morning. The 'bloated behemoth' paired with Hanibal the 'Caballero' against 'RRR' and Yossi 'Israeli Time' Newman. Titan was precise with his groundies and lobs leading the way to a (6-0) clobbering of his opponents in the first set. With the teams remaining the same for the second set the 'bombastic blowhard'/'Caballero' had to pull out all stops to prevail (7-5) in an unexpectedly close contest that was significantly aided by the blown calls of his nearsighted opponents. 'RRR's errant call in game eight was a momentum changing mistake. TT/'Caballero' persevered making sure that no ball struck by them would go near the line as they rallied from a 4-5 deficit. The third set was a near complete with TT/'IT' being routed by 'RRR'/'Caballero 0-5 when time expired. The 'immobile minotaur' had run out of gas just as 'Israeli Time' imploded. As the boys met at net 'RRR' chided the 'boisterous bullshitter,' "Titan, I'd take umbrage at your criticism of my eyesight if I knew what the word meant. I figured I'd use it anyway because I worked at the New York Times for forty years and saw it in the paper many times." TT rejoined "I'll be playing in Florida for a couple of weeks, I doubt they use that word in the Fort Myers News-Press but I'll check."

No comments: