Sunday, October 15, 2006

Reality Check

TennisTitan took advantage of the opportunity to play 'Big Daddy' Jeff Briscoe this beautiful afternoon at Blue Crab Key. 'BDJ' had been away from the courts since his last match with the senior Briscoe but was more than up to the task in this one-set match (3-6). 'Big Daddy' secured the early break and never looked back as he opened a three love lead before dropping a game to the Titan. 'BDJ' handled the offensive parries thrown his way with relative ease. Titan was unable to get his younger opponent to expend the necessary energy to neutralize his agility advantage in the 40 minute contest. As the father-son tandem met at net 'Big Daddy' opined "one's enough for me today dad, you're in better shape." Titan quipped, "I hope three's enough in terms of children, I don't think I have enough energy to get you through another one." And then 'BD's final ace, "Dad, each game I let you win, I named in honor of one of the kids!"

No comments: