Saturday, July 19, 2014

It wasn't Devine Providence

"I see I must baby sit you now, Titan" chuckled Joe the 'flying friar' Polchinski at the conclusion of his first appearance at Kinsley Park this morning. "Twenty-five years ago you couldn't get enough of me when you needed a sitter for Russell. Now you should pay me that same $5/hr. to be an opponent you can beat" continued the Providence College grad. And so it was, TennisTitan salvaged what was a painful morning, literally and figuratively, with a (6- 1) victory over the 'flying friar' and Mike 'not so stellar' Stella with the aid of 'Der Klugemeister.' It was another story in the first set when the all court play of the formidable tandem of George 'deli man' Hauss and Frank 'Slats' Slattery proved too much for TT/'Kraut' (3-6). "I can run for you 'hobbling hobo' commented the 'testy Teuton' but I haven't figured out how to keep it in the court for you." "You are an albatross to my game - you, my 'bloated behemoth' friend are truly 'Big Al.'

No comments: