Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The 13th Full Moon in a Year

"Prezzie, I hope you're collecting the air miles" quipped the 'loathsome lardass' at plays conclusion. TennisTitan and 'El Prezidente,' Rich Prezioso resumed their annual battle at the Law Memorial Courts in Briarcliff Manor this afternoon. The two Lincoln HS compadres have been playing singles on the clay in the tony Westchester community once or twice per year over the past decade and one- half. Always at stake is the post match luncheon tab at Squires Restaurant in the upscale community. "Prezzie, the usual deal: Three sets; I win all three, you buy. You win two, I buy. You win one, it's dutch" and the game was on. Over the years the health educator has improved his chances of victory, being more physically fit and raising his game with increased play at Kinsley. TennisTitan has struggled to remain competitive against his peers on the singles court as mobility factors and stamina continue to reduce his effectiveness. "Strategy and execution are my forte" boasted the 'braggadocious blogger' after the (6-2, 6-2, 6-1) dismantling. "Too bad Squires is not like some Chinese buffets. You've bought me so many lunches over the years, it's time you get a free one somehow." As the boys adjourned for their libation and burgers at Squires 'Prez' opined to a befuddled waitress, "Shit, I feel like Evelyn Tangredi today (former principal at Lincoln).  She tried for five years to get a days work out of her 'pompous pychologist' and got 'nada.'  I just spent two hours in 85 degree temperature and 90 degree humidity and couldn't make you work either." To wit Titan turned to the perplexed server and said, "In honor of my friends chances and because we will be using his American Express card, 'I'll have the Blue Moon on draught, please." "Just once" sighed 'Prez' "that's all I'm asking for" as he looked skyward.

No comments: