Saturday, June 18, 2011

Distilling a Victory

"Titan, this was my fifth set of the morning, what are you whining about" beamed a happy 'Rockin' Rick Ricci. The 'Rock' had teamed with Bob 'Kraut' Kluge in his third and final set (1-6)facing the 'bulbous buffoon' and Frank 'Slats' Slattery. "I feel like I just ate at Friendly's and this was my 'happy ending desert' continued the septuagenarian. "Carrying Titan through our (6-2, 7-6 [6]) victories against 'Happy Jack' Carey, and then 'Big Al' DioDati was the equivalent of a five-setter for me" responded 'Slats.' TennisTitan retorted, 'Rick, you went up the ladder when you teamed with a relatively fresh 'Der Klugemeister' against us. That was only the 'Kraut's second set and he was still smarting from his double loss with me from last week." "That bodes well for me" opined 'Slats.' It should be 'Rock's turn to play as your partner next Saturday then." "Hell no" quipped the 'pusillanimous prevaricator.' "The 'Rock' has yet to beat me in singles, try as he might, over the years. But I know he'd beat me in one thing if we were on the same side of the net." "What's that?" inquired the 'teutonic taunter.' "No contest! He out talks me every Saturday" offered the 'trash-talking' tease.

No comments: