Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Three B Bashing

"I wish I could say 'I hate to see you go' but then I'd be the bullshitter" opined George 'Genealogist' Pratt at the conclusion of play at the Tarpon Tennis and Sail Club earlier today. The 'Kansas Komet' had done his best to spoil the 'Tarpon Titan's upcoming departure with his feisty performance in a one set loss (7-5) that went down to the wire. TennisTitan fought off three set points in the tenth game when facing a 15-40 deficit on his serve before holding serve on the second deuce. 'Gentle George' was anything but gentile when he sprung the idea of the game on TT during an unanticipated morning visit. The 'Wichita Whiner' had a point when he challenged the 'Yonkers Yakker' during coffee using muddled mid-western logic. "Titan, you came to my Three B Bash at the last minute and proved your worth. You drank my BEER and BOOZE, and cobbled down a plateful of BULL's BALLS without batting an eye the other night. You handled that cow patty minefield and then the tossing contest without gloves like the man I know you to be - one steeped in BULLSHIT, a true 'master manure maneuverer' if I ever saw one." The 'bloated blowhard,' broken in his first service played catch up throughout the contest managing to get back on serve by the ninth game only to face down those set points. As the adversaries met at net for the final time this visit George summed it up succinctly. "Another Three B Bashing for me: 'Bombast, Bullshit and Briscoe." Titan calmly replied, "Petulant partner,' don't worry! I'm providing lunch: Burgers and Budweiser and, 10 minutes later, the Belching !"

No comments: