Thursday, March 03, 2011

Road Service

"Now that you have a full tank of gas in that clunker of yours, I thought I'd tune you up before you head to Naples for the weekend" chortled the TennisTitan at the conclusion of today's impromptu two setter against George 'Genealogist' Pratt. The 'overbearing oaf' had not anticipated this morning's match at the Tarpon Tennis and Sail Club. 'Genial George' had visited the pumps at Sam's Club the night before with TT and had indicated to the Titan that he'd be on the road early. "Catching you off guard is what I do best, on and off the court, 'bulbous blowhard,' is how the early morning phone call began. "I'll meet you at the court in one hour." With barely enough time for a 10 minute oil change the 'miserly misanthrope' lubed up his knees with Icy Hot, added 2 Ibuprofen to his crankcase, and slid himself into first gear to keep the appointed date. The (6-0, 6-3) washing administered to the 'insolent itinerant' bemused the 'raucous rowdy' no end. "George, you better let Nancy drive to Naples. It looks like you don't know how to handle a 'blowout.' The 'Wichita whiner' shot back: "The hell with my tires! You got all the brakes. Titan, I am just tired of you braking my ball joints!"

No comments: