Saturday, August 14, 2010

Temperance Movement

'George, what do you think?" cackled the TennisTitan to his doubles partner, the 'Chemist', George Hauss. "Earlier, I walked the walk. Now, I'll talk the talk." The 'egotistical ego maniac' had indeed started the day as he had promised to Carl the 'Anonymous Gas Man.' The 'immobile minotaur' had avowed to the organizer of the Yonkers On The Move event that he would walk the approximate mile from Kinsley to Gorton HS to participate in the inaugural festivities. 'Happy Jack' Carey, victimized in both losses to 'TT'/'Chemist' (7-6, [4], 6-2) observed, "I had to walk it off many a day in my younger years but never was I able to play tennis so effectively after a snootful." The 'Kraut,' Bob Kluge interjected, "Happy', when we were walking it off back in the day, we were lucky to find our way home. The Titan not only walked to Gorton, he walked from the HS back to his second home, Kinsley." The 'Anonymous Gas Man' added, "Jack, our 2-6 defeat actually looks good compared to the bagel that TennisTitan/Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz (6-0) hung on George 'Teacher' Febles and 'Wandering Wally' upon TT's immediate return from his 2 mile walk. With that the 'Chemist' had heard enough, "Joe, everyone here knows you know a thing or two about 'benders,' but the 'bombastic blowhard' would never have won a set without my 'bender' today that neither the 'Kraut' or 'Speedy Legs Gas Man' could catch up to this morning." 'Gimpy Knees' hiccuped and remarked, "I think I need another drink."

No comments: