Saturday, August 28, 2010

House Money

"Titan, I told you 'every time you play with George 'Chemist' Hauss it's a gamble" quipped a very 'Happy Jack' Carey at the conclusion of play this morning at Kinsley. "Half the time he gets that stupid slice in, the other half the time it's in the net. But 100% of the time it's the wrong shot or the wrong time for it even when he gets it in. You were lucky to win the first set with him (7-6 [8]) against Frank 'Slats' Slattery and I." "Frankie, coming back from 2-5 down in the first set to win in the breaker, I knew that I was playing with 'Hauss money' in the second set (4-6), retorted the 'bombastic blowhard.' A fuming 'Chemist' rejoined, "Jack, the only gamble Titan should talk about today is if one of your drivers actually shows up at the airport at the appointed time. I think you drank the wrong shot at the wrong time when you booked the 'cranky curmudgeon's ride recently!" Slats tried to intervene lest tempers flare even more with, "George, at least 'Happy Jack' has a job, unlike the Titan whose main line of work is to bust balls here at Kinsley." "But Frankie, Titan wants to up the ante and be your partner next week. Think you can handle it better than I did today? He didn't run for a damn ball!" continued a flaming Bunsen Burner man." "I'll see you next week, 'Chemist." Surely I'll have to raise my game with the 'overbearing oaf' as my partner" responded 'Slats.' "Don't call me" interjected 'Happy Jack,' "I'd rather stay home with my wife and poke her, than draw 'Chemist' as my partner. "Jack, I always knew you were a stud" giggled the TennisTitan.

No comments: