Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chaos at Court

TennisTitan took to the outdoor courts this afternoon at Kinsley and took down his adversaries as easily as the surrounding maple trees were losing their leaves on this beautiful, crisp fall day. TT paired with Bill 'Electro Lux' Ching for the first of his two sets. With the score knotted at four games apiece it became tennis-interruptus as John 'The Neck' Manzi excused himself for a 30 minute bathroom break! Indeed, the maven of mid-week tennis had to take an emergency dumper thereby temporarily abandoning his partner 'Lil' Papi. The 'boisterous blowhard' did not flinch at the opportunity to take 'Lil Papi' as his partner during the ensuing break. TT and the 'Ecuadorian Mosquito' led the tandem of Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz and 'Electro Lux' four games to two when the 'Neck' reappeared with his bathroom host, Vladimir 'Russkie' Kartsev. The Titan and the vacuum repairman finished their business, wiping (and whipping) the asses of Manzi and Lil Papi in 2 quick games to complete their first set (6-4) victory. Because 'Gimpy Knees' reneged in his stated commitment to play a full set and ceded his spot along side 'Electro Lux' to the 'Neck,' 'Russkie' joined the 'bombastic blogger' to complete the aborted second set, another (6-4) triumph. As the group met at net 'Lil Papi' opined, "I don't know if I won or lost with the the 'Gringo Gigante? It's like I had a taco, but no enchillada." 'Electro Lux' commented 'You lost, we beat you 6-4." The 'Neck' cringed and quipped, "Titan is my hemorrhoid. I always feel a little bloody and sore after he works me over with the rough, raw lasers to the backside corner. I know I lost more than my dignity today."

No comments: