Friday, October 26, 2007

Rise and Shine?

"Well Titan, you were half right anyway. You may have risen but I sure didn't see any luster on your game" so critiqued Tony 'No Baloney' Guido this morning upon completion of play at the YTC. The 'bloated behemoth' had set the alarm for 5:30 AM to be able to function for his 7:30 return to his indoor morning group for the first time since last spring. Having played 90 minutes of intense doubles yesterday in a more challenging game the 'bloviating bullshitter' had great difficulty getting that tired ass, that sits upon those throbbing legs, that work those tender knees moving so he could get out of the house on time. The daily dose of 5 cups of coffee still jump starts the neuromuscular system but fails to improve accuracy on the first serve or follow through on the back hand down the line. TennisTitan paired with the Shillelagh Man, Don Carmoody in the first set against 'NoBaloney' and the 'Lean, Lanky, Lefty' Ed Gordon. 'Shillelagh Man/TT prevailed (6-2). TT/'LLL' got off to a 3-1 lead in set 2 before charitable giving set in leading to their (4-6) defeat. 'LLL' with Carmoody was well on his way to completing his usual trifecta down 2-5 love 30 to TT/'NB' when the clock ran out. At picture time TT opined to Guido, "Tony, my game is not supposed to have any shine, or luster as you call it. I come here primarily to take pictures after I run my mouth on the court to get the coffee out of my system. And I always use a digital camera, so no matte (dull) finish. Playing tennis is incidental to my enjoyment."

No comments: