Thursday, October 04, 2007

Country Bumpkins

'TennisTitan, 'Live Free or Die' should be our motto in this heat and humidity" so said George 'Genealogist' Pratt upon completion of his two sets against the 'bloated behemoth' played in oppressive conditions. The Titan, on a three week sojourn in the Sunshine State, connected with George this date at the Tarpon Sail and Tennis Club before the Pratts headed for a wedding in the Granite State this weekend. Titan tipped his cap (Toby Keith hat) to this stalwart opponent who agreed to the match on short notice; he not having played singles since the last time the 'bloviating bullshitter' blew through Tarpon Springs earlier this year. Titan got off to a quick start (4-0) in set 1 before the 'Genealogist' got his strokes down and began to successfully move 'Two-Ton-Tommy' around the court. The remaining fourteen games were evenly contested with the 'boisterous blowhard' surviving at (6-2, 6-4). As the combatants met at net Titan opined 'Georgie, I have no doubt that had we played a third (set) you surely would taken me." The quick-footed, and equally quit-witted boy from Kansas retorted, "Titan, I lost five pounds of water weight these past ninety minutes, if I played another set my wife would have to put me in a pine box in the cargo hold on the plane to New Hampshire. As it is, I just need my head examined!" (pictures to be uploaded later).

No comments: