Friday, June 01, 2007

Room 222

"But Prez, I already had the blog mapped out and written in my head when I served at 5-2 in the third set." 'El Prezidente' was now doubly pissed at the Titan. Prez had just captured his third game of the final set (seventh of the three set match) by breaking TT and now he had to hear about the 'bloated behemoth's' favorite drama program of the 1960's as they met at net. Titan whined that he forgot to bring his camera and would have to improvise writing his blog. "You 'Bloviating Bastard' the series was Room '2-2-2' not '2-2-3.' I want credit for every damn game I beat you!" Yes Titan fans, Prez had to flash that American Express card at Squires today as he again failed to hold off the 'bombastic blowhard' on the Briarcliff clay (6-2, 6-2, 6-3) under the revised who-pays format. No longer would TT push his wallet further into his tennis bag by simply denying Prez even one set in their 3 set matches in this affluent suburb. Titan had agreed to a total-games-won formula to make the contest more competitive. "Prez, you win 12 games, lunch is on me; win 9 games, dutch treat." As TT gobbled down his Rueben sandwich chasing it with a couple of Bud Lites, he challenged Prez (and his readers). "At 23 years old I had the hots for the female star of Room 222. Can you tell me the name of this former tv star who has long since flamed out?" You'd be cheating if you know the male lead's name.

No comments: