Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Taxing Day

"Well, Titan, you'd better hope your tax returns are more dependable than what you displayed against my serve" beamed a happy 'naughty nephew' after his second set victory in Tinton Falls NJ this afternoon. Rob Briscoe, aka 'Jersey Bomber,' stayed the course with his big, but too often unreliable, serve against the 'bloated blowhard' to capture the set (4-6). "You, reducing those double faults I usually can count on in the night cap, is like me losing my Schedule E, that capital loss on my Florida condo" retorted the 'aching agitator.' "Titan, you need a coach to do an audit of your game, not the IRS to review your 1040." "Bomber, why do you say that? Didn't I whip your ass (6-3) in the first set?" "Only because, you should claim a second exemption because 'you must be blind' with those calls you made against my serve' quipped the 'confident confidant.' "My father reviews your taxes for arithmetic accuracy, not verifiable veracity. I really need him here for the service line, not the lines on the 1040. And by the way, based on today's efforts, you're not claiming any energy credits, are you?" To that TennisTitan replied, "I am the 'bogus bullshitter' on and off the court, am I not? Your double faults are my instant refund."

No comments: